New Blog to Record Stuff

This is going to be a development blog for my Twine 2 game "Trap Life".

I woke up at 3:30am today due to my bad sleep cycle. I have Fairlight_Excalibur's twitch open as I start to work on the game. Yesterday I had a weird bug where the entirety of my game corrupted in the twine editor. Whenever I ran the game it would just display a black screen. If I showed the debug on screen all the game was running was the header passage I have. Odd bug but I fixed it by importing the Alpha 5 version from file into the editor. I did some arrangement of passages and coding in that version but not too much work was lost.

Actually using a (dataset:) is going to be pretty good for doing random events. I changed the code for the workBar passage that chooses which event you see from:


 To:




I had to use an (if:) hook for the situation where the PC has had sex with Rufus, which can unlock a random event. Instead I can now add the event to the (ds:) with:
 

 Next I'm gonna work on inviting characters home again. This time it won't be a mess. I swear. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I have a lot of Variables